Monday, April 11, 2011

processing

I run to clear my mind. Some days there is too much to process. Too much to think about in one day. Lately I feel like I've been surrounded by others who are going through great suffering in their lives. I don't understand it. I run to process it, but it doesn't take away the fact that there is still such great suffering happening. How do I help these people. If I am struggling to process and am not nearly as deeply affected as they are, how are they processing?

I run to process, to think, to hope, to pray, to remember life is short, to thank God for the beautiful child He gave us, to think about the endless list of things I love about my son, to smile when I think about my husband and pray to God that He gives us so many more years together that we're old and gray and can't hear each other speak.

Some days running is for clearing out my head and reflecting on all I've been given.

1 comment: